I am running some listening tests now, and thought that, maybe, you know, you might like to participate, or something. Your task is to assign the best genre to each of 30 short music excerpts (12 seconds). The ten genres are: Blues, Classical, Country, Disco, Hip hop, Jazz, Metal, Pop, Reggae, and Rock. Your first 10 answers must be correct, otherwise you will not continue to the remaining 20 excerpts. You can listen to each excerpt as many times as you like, but you cannot go back and change your answers. You also must choose one of the 10 genres for each example. Some genres may appear more than others.
If you are a human:
- download my software
- unzip it, but do not look at the contents!
- open MATLAB (I am looking for a way to compile it as a stand-alone program)
- in MATLAB change to the “humantest” directory
- type “testgui” in the MATLAB command window
- put on headphones and take the test
- send me the text file placed in the directory, e.g., test_08793.txt, and tell me a little about your experience, e.g., was it easy? Did you enjoy it? Were some excerpts easier to categorize than others? Or maybe the software spit out errors. In that case, send me the errors.
- Finally, drag the directory to the trash, and do not repeat test.